Powder coating is widely recognised within the manufacturing industry as a service that provides a durable, corrosion resistant, high quality metal finish. It ensures such quality by applying an electrostatic charge to the powder that is then fused to the surface (cured) at approximately 200ºC in a temperature-controlled oven.
The advantages of powder coating over liquid finishes include:
- Corrosion resistance
- A uniform quality finish without paint runs
- Complete coverage even on more complex components
- High level of gloss and colour retention
- Fast and efficient turnaround
- Environmentally friendly
- Energy and material efficient
- High resistance to abrasion, acidity, etc
- High cost efficiency
As previously stated, DB Coatings Ltd production capacity caters for all fabrications, whether ''one-off'' or regular contract, up to 2.0 m high, 2.5 m wide, 6.5 m long and 250 kg in weight.